Monday, October 26, 2009

Dear Becca,

So I finally made it out of London. I went on an excursion to España this weekend. We flew into Madrid on Friday morning. I had to wake up at 5 a.m. which as you know causes me to be extra mean. I may have some airport workers to apologize to. Our hotel was in a really good location near Plaza Mayor and Puerta del Sol. It even came with an abundance of toilet paper which may have come home with me. I don't even want to go into how horrible life is when I'm too cheap to buy toilet paper.

Anyway here's a picture of me in front of something important looking (perhaps Banco de España?):


On Saturday we went to some palace. Well, we saw the outside. We were too cheap to pay to get in. We also went to Museo del Prado which is the big art museum in Madrid. Lots of Velázquez and Picasso. Anyway the most important part of the day was the paella, which is depicted below.

It was super delicious. We definitely ate the whole thing, even though my body doesn't function quite as well when it's composed of 90% rice.

On Sunday, we went to the airport like eight hours early cause our hotel kicked us out and we were too lazy to wander around carrying our bags. I am not a mule. Well, that concludes my holiday in Spain. You still need to tell me what I should be for Halloween.

Postmarked: 1:13 a.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment